Leah Sian Davies
Leah is a coach, speaker and writer that supports young people in becoming their own best friend. She believes that if young people can understand and trust themselves, they will realise they don't need fixing and be able to take care of their own happiness and wellbeing. Leah has a natural talent for engaging young people in a way that is warm and accepting, but leaves them with a new way of thinking. She is known for being slightly unconventional, but down to earth in her approach and brings humour and perspective to everything she does.
Leah has over 10 years’ experience of working with young people and families, with much of her career spent working with drug and alcohol addiction, where she has gained an expertise in motivation and behaviour change. Leah has worked with people in vulnerable and difficult circumstances, but has a unique way of providing hope and possibility whilst also challenging people to think for themselves. This is why Leah works specifically with young people as she believes that by encouraging them to think in this way we can create a generation of strong, responsible people who have a passion for life!
Working with Young people
Leah delivers talks, programmes, and coaching , that supports young people to:
- understand and trust themselves
- uncover their natural sparkle
- look at things from a fresh perspective
- celebrate and appreciate the good stuff
Working with Youth Professionals
Leah offers talks and workshops to professionals working with young people so that they can:
- understand how their happiness and wellbeing impacts the young people in their care
- learn simple positive habits to help them feel at their best
- practice skills to boost their resilience to stress
- work with young people in a way that encourages them to take responsibility for their own wellbeing
Speaking to groups
Leah loves speaking with groups of young people, and always provides a fresh, enthusiastic, thought provoking talk. She is not a fan of ‘performing’ for her audience, but instead creates a conversation with them in a way that they can relate to the material and take something useful away for themselves.
You will love Leah’s talks if you are looking for something unconventional, fun and uplifting that delivers a powerful message. Her warm, friendly and down to earth approach puts the audience at ease and allows them to get involved in the session. Leah’s talks are designed to open minds, challenge thoughts, lift the mood, and get you out there doing something!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professionally qualified life coach with the Institute of Leadership and management at Stage 1 & 2 (2010/2011)
- Associate member of The Association of Coaching
- Accredited Action learning facilitator with the Institute of Leadership and management
- PGCE (Cert Ed) 2009
- BSc Sociology and Criminology (2001)
- 8 years experience working with addictions and behavior change at Drugaid, South Wales (including 2 years as Training and Volunteer Co-ordinator)
- 9 years experience working with vulnerable young people in residential care and NVQ level 3 Children and Young People
- Enhanced DBS to work with children and young people
Other areas of coaching I deal with
happiness, teenagers, young people, anxiety, exam stress and revision, transition, school issues, well-being
Leah would love to explore the possibility of working with you and offers a free 'getting to know you' call to discuss how we can help your young person or organisation. If you would like to arrange a complimentary, no obligation, ‘getting to know you’ call, please complete the contact form or visit my website.
Please note that if you are enquiring on behalf of your child/young person, they will need to be present for the ‘getting to know you’ call too.
One to one sessions
Each one to one session is 1 hour and costs £95 (face to face sessions).
Most clients feel they require 4-6 sessions to make long lasting sustainable changes in their lives.
A package of 6 face to face sessions will cost £500.
Group sessions and speaking for schools/organisations
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
To offer the best possible service to my clients I mostly work face-to-face, and I offer sessions at a venue in Cardiff.
Skype sessions can be arranged for young people and cost £80 per session.
Parents/Carers please note that due to the fact that you may be seeking coaching on behalf of someone else, it is important that the young person knows why they are seeing me, they want to see me and they want to make the necessary changes for self improvement.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||No|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|