John Gloster-Smith AC Accredited Coach
01249 813188 / 07860 114340
People I work with often feel at a crossroads in their life and need help to find a new direction. They can feel stuck and frustrated and need help to get unstuck and re-discover the joy and satisfaction they once had in life. I offer a free initial 40 min session for you to explore your needs and see where my coaching can help you gain the real, tangible improvement in your life that you seek.
What brings you to life coaching?
You might feel at a crossroads in life or stuck and unable to more forward because:
- You are disillusioned with your job, faced with unwelcome change or having difficulties with others
- Relationships are problematic, communications difficult, and there’s a lingering thought about leaving
- Work-life balance has got out of balance, such as job demands competing with family needs or you want a calmer, more stress-free existence
- There’s been a lot of upheaval and change recently. Not for nothing do they say that trouble comes in threes but it can feel a lot more than that
- Stress is becoming too much, with worry, anxiety, conflicting pressures, or a sense that there’s no time for you
Something isn't working
It shows up in being always busy, having no time, overwhelm, a racing mind, not sleeping, feeling frustrated and irritable, depression, a general underlying sense of not being happy, or low confidence and self-esteem.
Something’s really not working, and there’s often an underlying reason which, when accessed, resolves everything!
How does my coaching help?
Working with me provides a structured process, with me as an impartial, supportive listener who asks insightful questions, and supported by a powerful methodology to
- Understand what’s really going on
- Gain powerful tools to build mindful self-awareness and manage your thoughts and state of mind
- Feel more positive about you and your capabilities
- Find and explore your real options
- Make the right decisions and build skill and will to enable you carry them through
How would you know it’s working?
Feedback from clients is that they know it’s working because they
- Got what was really getting in the way – and fixed it
- Made the right decision and are pleased with the results
- Have a path, a way forward
- Know they have the tools they need
- Feel confident, more calm and more resilient
- Have a new sense of purpose
- Know what they want and feel able to get it
- Are more self-aware
- Feel happier in themselves, and value themselves more
Life is working once again!
I am a specialist in helping people getting their lives back and I can coach you by phone or Skype, or face-to-face if you choose to come to where I am based.
What should I expect in my first session?
You first get a free consultation by phone of about 40 minutes to explore your needs and then you can have a longer payable “Strategy Session” of up to 1.5 hours to identify your goals and how you would like coaching to help you achieve them. This creates a route map for the work you are planning and helps you see more how my particular approach can help you. You also get both some practical coaching and we will put together a plan of work for a series of meetings or calls.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an expert in the art and science of learning and development. With a BA (2:1) and Post-Graduate Certificate in Education, both from Oxford University, my previous background had been in education to senior level and then work in the organisational learning and development field and with private clients.
- I am a certified NLP Master Practitioner and a Master Results Coach and am accredited with the Association for Coaching as an Executive Coach.
- I have trained extensively in Gestalt Therapy, Transpersonal psychology, NLP, and CBT, and practiced mindfulness-based meditation for 27 years.
- I have worked as a personal and life coach, an executive coach and as a workshop facilitator for 24 years and thus bring both a broad-based training in the learning and development field and very wide and in-depth experience, having worked with virtually every business sector in the UK.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Personal mission and purpose
I offer a free initial 40 minute consultation by phone to explore what you want from coaching and how I might best help. This is the start of an introductory process for you by which you first get to experience my coaching for free, and it is then followed by a stand-alone, one and a half hour, payable Strategy Session which helps to identify goals more clearly and what is the best way forward to realise those goals. We then work to develop a customised, targeted program of a series of sessions and agree fees appropriate to the needs that have been identified.
I have a very flexible approach to when we can meet, which can be based as much around your busy schedule as mine!
So just call or email me to set up your free consultation!
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|