John Gloster-Smith AC Accredited Coach
01249 813188 / 07860 114340
People I work with often feel at a crossroads in their life and need help to create a new direction. They can feel stuck and frustrated and need help to get unstuck and find the joy and satisfaction they want in life. I offer a free initial 40 min session for you to explore your needs and see where my coaching can help you gain the real, tangible improvement in your life that you seek.
What brings you to life coaching?
You might feel at a crossroads in life or stuck and unable to more forward because:
- You are disillusioned with your job, faced with unwelcome change or having difficulties with others
- Relationships are problematic, communications difficult, and there’s a lingering thought about leaving
- Work-life balance has got out of balance, such as job demands competing with family needs or you want a calmer, more stress-free existence
- There’s been a lot of upheaval and change recently. Not for nothing do they say that trouble comes in threes but it can feel a lot more than that
- Stress is becoming too much, with worry, anxiety, conflicting pressures, or a sense that there’s no time for you
Something isn't working
It shows up in being always busy, having no time, overwhelm, a racing mind, not sleeping, feeling frustrated and irritable, depression, a general underlying sense of not being happy, or low confidence and self-esteem.
Something’s really not working, and there’s often an underlying reason which, when accessed, resolves everything!
How does my coaching help?
Working with me provides a structured process, with me as an impartial, supportive listener who asks insightful questions, and supported by a powerful methodology to
- Understand what’s really going on
- Gain powerful tools to build mindful self-awareness and manage your thoughts and state of mind
- Feel more positive about you and your capabilities
- Find and explore your real options
- Make the right decisions and build skill and will to enable you carry them through
How would you know it’s working?
Feedback from clients is that they know it’s working because they
- Got what was really getting in the way – and fixed it
- Made the right decision and are pleased with the results
- Have a path, a way forward
- Know they have the tools they need
- Feel confident, more calm and more resilient
- Have a new sense of purpose
- Know what they want and feel able to get it
- Are more self-aware
- Feel happier in themselves, and value themselves more
Life is working once again!
Training, qualifications & experience
Helping you grow and develop is my specialism based on a wide background in learning and development. I am a Master Results Coach, a certified NLP Master Practitioner and accredited as a coach with the Association for Coaching.
Holding a BA (2:1) and Post-Graduate Certificate in Education from Oxford University, I have first worked in education to a senior level and then in the organisational learning and development field, in facilitating many workshops and in working with many private clients. Thus I bring to my coaching the following areas:
- Techniques to facilitate awareness and insight by working “in the moment” and thus drawing out potential choices people didn’t previously know they had, since I have trained extensively in Gestalt Therapy, Transpersonal psychology, NLP, and CBT
- A mindfulness approach, especially where people feel under pressure and where this approach can help achieve greater calmness, clarity, focus, and confidence and make better choices. You can get more skilled at stepping back from what’s going on, be more centred in who you are, use clearer awareness to see what’s really happening, let go of what’s not working, be more in-the-moment, become more resilient, and more connected to others, and bring others with you if you are a leader. This expertise comes from Gestalt but also having attended many mindfulness-based meetings and teachings and practiced meditation for 27 years.
- NLP techniques and guided visualisation to help you relax, gain insight and greater awareness - and be more positive!
- Your own personalised web page of my resources, downloads, questionnaires, ebooks, handouts, reading material, and lots of practical techniques to try out. I will put this extensive collection of my work together based on your individual needs
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Personal mission and purpose
I offer a free initial 40-minute consultation by phone to explore what you want from coaching and how I might best help.
This is the start of an introductory process for you by which you first get to experience my coaching for free, and it is then followed by a stand-alone, 1.5 hour, payable Strategy Session which helps to identify goals more clearly and see what is the best way forward to realise those goals. This creates a route map for the work you are planning and helps you see more how my particular approach can help you. You also get both some practical coaching and we will put together a plan of work for a series of meetings or calls.
With this customised, targeted program of a series of sessions we are in a better position to agree fees appropriate to the needs that have been identified from this carefully facilitated awareness-raising process.
I am a specialist in helping people getting their lives back and I can coach you by phone or Skype, or face-to-face if you choose to come to where I am based.
Take advantage of your free session!
Why not take advantage of your free offer? Benefit from my expertise and get some free coaching.
Take action to kick-start a process that can change your life! Call me on 01249 813 188 or email me using the red button at the top of this page.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|