30 Chapel Street
I am a life and business coach, specialising in working with women who are juggling both career and family.
What I do
I help busy, working mothers create happier, more successful lives by helping them make changes that allow them to ditch stress, release guilt, build confidence and find more time for themselves.
If this sounds like you, through coaching, I am able to help you:
- Reduce stress, release guilt and redefine your work-life balance
- Build confidence and feel you really are "good enough"
- Make changes to your career that fit well with your family and financial priorities as well as your need for fulfilment in your working life
- Achieve personal goals (including health, fitness, financial or for pure enjoyment) - including making the time to achieve them.
- Develop your own business, whether you are starting from scratch or are already running a business that you'd like to grow or improve
- Work out how to deal with the new challenges and complexities having a new baby has brought to your work-life balance, working situation and overall priorities so you call time on the famous "working mums guilt" before it even starts
In addition to bespoke coaching programmes which make up the majority of my work, I offer a number of pre-packaged programmes suitable for specific circumstances, including a maternity coaching programme, a career change programme, my Strong Woman Development Programme and a half-day in-depth quick-breakthrough session. Further information about all of these is available on my website.
Who I am
I am a certified life and business coach aged 40-something with two school-aged children. Before becoming a coach I spent twenty years developing a successful, high-flying career in marketing and business management and have experienced first-hand the incredible highs, lows and pressures of juggling the demands of a career and family that are so familiar to many women.
You'll find more about me, and how my own need to do something about my work-life balance led to a pretty major career change story of my own, on my website.
My coaching practice, Life Atlas Coaching, is based in the Heart of the National Forest and serves clients from around the Midlands including Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham and Derby, which are all around 30 minutes away from my home office.
What it is like working with me
This is what to expect:
- A down to earth, practical and straight-talking approach
- To be challenged and taken out of your comfort zone
- Absolute honesty: about the good, the bad and the ugly
- Unconditional support and belief from me, even when you’re not sure you’d support and believe in yourself
- Coffee, coffee and more coffee (or tea. I promise there will be biscuits too)
- Plenty of approaches based in positive psychology
- The unexpected, including deeply thought-provoking questions and creative exercises (don’t worry no leotards required!)
But please don't expect any of the following:
- Anything in any way hippy, trendy, woo-woo, wishy-washy, holistic, spiritual, or alternative
- To get the results you want if you aren’t prepared to take responsibility and put in the work needed
- That I live a perfect, problem-free, not-had-a-lifelong-battle-with-my-weight kind of life
- An agony aunt, who’ll feed you all the answers to your woes
- A stiff, corporate suited-and-booted executive in high heels
- Perfection. It doesn’t exist.
I aim to be as flexible as I can in my approach and always try to design each client's coaching programme according to their practical needs as well as the types of goal they want to achieve. Coaching with me can be done face-to-face or over the phone (or via a combination of both), and I offer coaching slots of varying lengths at breakfast times, evenings and weekends as well as during office-hours.
I offer an initial discovery session totally free before you commit to a coaching programme with me. This can take place in person or over the phone and incorporates a mini-coaching session with me as well as giving you the opportunity to find out more about how we'll work together, how coaching works and also gives me the opportunity to find out a bit more about you and your needs so we really can hit the ground running and you can start achieving quickly if you decide to proceed with a coaching programme.
Sound like we might be a good fit? Please get in touch for a chat to start the ball rolling. I'd love to hear from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certified personal and business coach, having trained with Barefoot Coaching on an ICF accredited coach training programme.
- Member of the ICF (International Coach Federation)
- Currently studying for Post Graduate Certificate in Personal and Business Coaching with the University of Chester
- Twenty years in marketing and business management, culminating in two years as Managing Director of a well-known UK retailer.
- A period of post-natal depression
- A significant career-change of my own
- An imperfect life, but a hugely positive and energetic attitude to living
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Business Start-Up Coaching
Fees vary depending on the nature and location of coaching. Programme lengths are usually from four to six months, depending on the goals you are looking to achieve.
I recognise that talking about the money is often the hardest part to approach when you talk to a coach for the first time. I will give you a quote for your programme based on your specific requirements after we've held our initial, free discovery session, but I'm really happy to talk about ball park figures before we even get that far if you give me a call for an informal chat.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||No|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Coaching Sessions available from 7.30am to 8.30pm weekdays. Weekend sessions also available - please contact me for current weekend availability.