Jo Lee, Life Atlas Coaching
30 Chapel Street
I am a business, career and life coach, passionate about working with people who want to achieve a great balance between the career success they are ambitious for and the personal happiness they deserve.
What I can help you with
Through coaching, I am able to help you:
- Build confidence and feel you really are "good enough" and ready to achieve the things you want in your work and your life
- Develop strategies to get back in control of your work-life balance and your stress levels
- Make changes to your career that fit well with your family and financial priorities as well as your need for fulfilment and success in your working life
- Improve your time management and ability to prioritise, so you are no longer overwhelmed and stressed by the many responsibilities you have
- Improve your overall confidence, self-belief and happiness
- Identify and develop goals for your business or in your personal life (or both!) that will bring you greater success and happiness in the areas you want to improve
- Deal with new challenges and complexities that a change in your work or family circumstances is bringing
- Make decisions more confidently and quickly
- Tackle and get "unstuck" with a work or family issue that's draining your time, energy or emotions.
- Start your own business successfully, by working with you not only on your business goals and the action plan needed to get going, but also by helping you face your fears about failing or not being good enough to achieve what you really want.
- Develop and grow your business and your personal effectiveness as a business owner
What it is like working with me
This is what to expect:
- A down to earth, practical and straight-talking approach
- To be challenged and taken out of your comfort zone (but not into your panic zone!)
- To work deeply (not just on the surface), so you make really transformational changes that will last
- Absolute honesty: about the good, the bad and the ugly
- Unconditional support and belief from me, even when you’re not sure you’d support and believe in yourself
- Complete confidentiality - a safe haven to be honest about how you feel, what you want and what you're afraid of.
- Coffee, coffee and more coffee (or tea. There may be biscuits too)
- Plenty of proven exercises and approaches based in positive psychology and transactional analysis
- The unexpected, including deeply thought-provoking questions and creative exercises (don’t worry no leotards required!)
But please don't expect any of the following:
- Anything in any way hippy, trendy, woo-woo, wishy-washy, holistic, spiritual, or alternative
- To get the results you want if you aren’t prepared to take responsibility and put in the work needed
- That I live a perfect, problem-free, not-had-a-lifelong-battle-with-my-weight kind of life
- An agony aunt, who’ll feed you all the answers to your woes
- A stiff, corporate suited-and-booted executive in high heels
- Perfection. It doesn’t exist.
I aim to be as flexible as I can in my approach and always try to design each client's coaching programme according to their practical needs as well as the types of goal they want to achieve. Coaching with me can be done face-to-face or over the phone (or via a combination of both), and I offer coaching slots of varying lengths at breakfast times, evenings and weekends as well as during office-hours.
I offer an initial consultation totally free before you commit to a coaching programme with me. This can take place in person or over the phone and incorporates a mini-coaching session with me as well as giving you the opportunity to find out more about how we'll work together, how coaching works and also gives me the opportunity to find out a bit more about you and your needs to be sure that coaching is likely to be a route to success for you, and so we really can hit the ground running and you can start achieving quickly if you decide to proceed with a coaching programme.
Who I am
I am a professional life and business coach aged 40-something with two school-aged children. I am a member and Associate Certified Coach of the ICF (International Coaching Federation).
Before becoming a coach and running my own business I spent twenty years developing a successful career in marketing and business management and have experienced first-hand the incredible highs, lows and pressures of juggling the demands of a career and family that are so familiar to many parents.
Despite looking like I "had it all" I often struggled for confidence underneath, and know exactly how it feels to think everything I'd achieved was down to luck, and would surely fall apart at any minute. I've experienced stress and burn-out as well as a period of post-natal depression.
You'll find more about me, and how my own need to do something about my work-life balance led to a pretty major career change story of my own, on my website.
I offer coaching in person, by phone or online (Zoom/Skype). My coaching practice is conveniently based within half an hour of Leicester, Derby, Birmingham, Nottingham and Burton on Trent and only an hour from Stoke-on-Trent, Northampton and Coventry. I work with clients from throughout the Midlands.
Sound like we might be a good fit? Please get in touch for a chat to start the ball rolling. I'd love to hear from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certified personal and business coach, having trained with Barefoot Coaching on an ICF accredited coach training programme.
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) - ICF (International Coach Federation)
- Currently studying for Post Graduate Certificate in Personal and Business Coaching with the University of Chester
- Twenty years in marketing and business management, culminating in two years as Managing Director of a well-known UK retailer.
- A period of post-natal depression
- A significant career-change of my own
- An imperfect life, but a hugely positive and energetic attitude to living
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Business Start-Up Coaching
Fees vary depending on the nature and location of coaching. Programme lengths are usually from three to six months, depending on the goals you are looking to achieve. A typical five to six month coaching programme to improve your confidence costs from £99 per month. There's more information on my website.
I recognise that talking about the money is often the hardest part to approach when you talk to a coach for the first time. I will give you a quote for your programme based on your specific requirements after we've held our initial, free discovery session, but I'm really happy to talk about ball park figures before we even get that far if you give me a call for an informal chat.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Coaching Sessions available from 7.30am to 9pm weekdays. Weekend sessions also available - please contact me for current weekend availability.