Heather Dempster. BSc Psychology, QUB Certificate In Coaching and Mentoring
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read my profile. My name is Heather Dempster, my business is called Javelin Success, based in Co Down, Northern Ireland. I provide a coaching, mentoring, and training consultancy service for individuals, small groups, employees and employers, helping people achieve success, in the various areas of life, work and in retirement.
I enjoy working alongside adults of all ages. I have a very genuine interest in people and particularly in the promotion of mental health, well-being and resilience. Having graduated as a mature student in 1999 as a wife and mother whilst working part-time and managing the home I understand the pressures people face (women, in particular) in trying to juggle study, work, business, family and still finding time for you.
Through coaching I come alongside you allowing you to look at your core values, helping you to solve that problem or make that decision which is so difficult to do alone, enabling you to deal with what hinders you from living your best life. It's about empowering you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I graduated at Queen's University Belfast, with an Honours Degree in Psychology and Information Management and completed the Queen's University Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring.
- I gained my Diploma In Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), through the Institute of Counselling and West University, Scotland, having completed the certificate the previous year
- I also have a Teaching Certificate and lecture part-time for the Northern Regional College in the areas of Personal Development, and English for Speakers of other languages.
- And just this year (2016) completed the Advanced Diploma in Nutrition via the Shaw Academy
- I have a wide and varied experience of work within the Public, Private and Voluntary sectors, particularly in the areas of Project Management, Training, Education, Communication, IT and Mental Health.
- A Full member of the Association for Coaching, and a member of Women In Business (Northern Ireland)
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Training in the following:
- Confidence Building
- Emotional intelligence
- Managing conflict
- Stress Management
- Personal Effectiveness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Resilience
- Training and workshops for older people
Undergraduate and Graduate Mentoring
I offer mentoring and coaching to Undergraduates and Postgraduates, enabling you to achieve success in your studies, helping with time and stress management throughout the course and when preparing for exams.
Workshops, Training and Coaching are also provided within the workplace, including Goal-setting skills, Improving Work-Life balance, Self Management, Stress Management and many more courses are available.
I provide workshops and 4G coaching for older people, to help build confidence, deal with fear, and conflict resolution at an individual level, anger management, coping mechanisms and stress management. (4G refers to Fourth Generation - those people who have retired and are dealing with retirement and ageing issues.)
Included in business coaching and career coaching, I also provide help with preparing for interviews and giving presentations.
Photos & videos
My fees vary depending on which service I am providing, so it is best to contact me so we can work out what your needs are. My fees are fairly competitive and you will definitely receive value for money.
I prefer to provide face-to-face coaching as there are less distractions when holding a coaching conversation. The coach and coachee can focus better and there is less room for distraction or misunderstanding than when coaching via media.
I currently provide coaching, primarily in County Down, County Antrim and the Belfast area. However, I have met with those people who live further afield, and am willing to travel to meet those half-way, who live further away in counties Fermanagh, Londonderry, Armagh and Tyrone and those south of the border, e.g., Dublin.
I also offer e-coaching, via Skype or by telephone, if that is what the individual prefers or if time or transport is an issue.
Coaching and Training for Life and Work
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
I am available for coaching sessions from Monday to Friday inclusive (9am to 5pm). I am also available Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings.