Debra Oakaby Career Coach & Trainer
415 High Street
A very warm welcome. Hello, I'm Debra Oakaby and I help people get great job staisfaction using my unique career building strategies. I do this through high quality coaching and mentoring.
I've spent most of my working life helping people to manage their own working lives in London. I've helped hundreds of people at different stages of their career, from recruitment to redundancy and redeployment.
You are probably:
- at a career crossroads
- stuck in a job rut
- feeling that something is 'missing' at work but can't put your finger on it
I believe that everyone has the ability to fulfil their potential but few get to achieve it and often end up with a number of regrets and feel dissatisfied.
I normally work with people for at least three months, so there is enough time to make effective changes. You'll feel inspired, energised and excited about options you never knew you had. Book your free career strategy call on 07906 007613.
Just so you know:
- I've helped people who are at a career crossroads, wondering whether they should stay or leave their job, make sound decisions.
- I've helped people pursuing a career that isn't meeting their expectations, realise it's their employer they need to change rather than career.
- I've helped well qualified people who feel like an 'imposter' in their new job, speak up and feel like a valued member of the team.
- I've helped people who are nervous about passing their probation period at work, make a good impression and have their employment confirmed.
- I've helped people who've returned to work after a break and think they've forgotten everything, make a successful transition.
- I've helped people whose first language is not English compete successfully in today's job market.
- I've helped people who've been made redundant, reclaim their self-confidence and find new employment.
- I've helped people who've worked in the corporate world for a long time, make career changes.
- I've helped people move into a management role and develop skills for managing people.
- I've interviewed hundreds, if not thousands of people during my HR career and have a wealth of trade secrets to share.
- I've helped people prepare their CVs properly, often they need more than one, making it easier for them to get job interviews and succeed.
How do you do it? Through high quality 1-1 coaching and mentoring programmes, which have a structure and are educational, effective and fun. I also use a range of tools and techniques including self-assessment questionnaires, DISC personality tests and career development exercises. As a result you'll get constructive feedback, answers to your questions, regular support, an impartial perspective and accountability.
Why do you do it? I'm passionate about career development, education and learning. And I'm fortunate to be able to bring these elements together. I believe that everyone is good at something and is truly unique, the problem is that a lot of people focus more on the things they can't do and miss the opportunity of realising their potential. That's where I come in.
What's your mission? To help people discover their career purpose and realise their potential.
When can you help? Quickly. Contact me and book a free career strategy call on 07906 007613 and I'll ask you to complete a short questionnaire.
Where do you see clients? A lot of people don't like visiting someone's house for this type of service and I fully understand this, so my base is a very pleasant office in Stratford High Street, 5 minutes walk from the station and bus garage. We have natural daylight, refreshments and toilet facilities.
Imagine, for a moment you could get CLARITY and be in CONTROL of your CAREER. Never again would you miss out on exciting opportunities to learn, grow, develop and realise your potential. This may seem like an impossible dream, but working with a professional is next best thing.
That's where I come in. If any of this resonates with you or someone you know, give me a call on 07906 007613.
You're in safe hands I am a Fellow of the CIPD, with a HR career spanning more than 20 years and 3 Investors in People awards under my belt. I'm also an accredited coach with the Coaching Academy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 10 year's experience as a former senior manager in a large organisation and more than 20 year's HR experience with an MA in Employment and Human Resource Studies. I am a current Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, a certified Life Coach with the Coaching Academy, a Firework Career Coach, a Master NLP Practitioner and a Certified Goal Mapping Practitioner. I am also an experienced Trainer and run career development courses.
I am passionate about education and a life long learner, and coninually update my professional development and can help you update yours.
"Shortly before my last session with Debra, I did something I've never done before - I identified an opportunity at work and I negotiated my way into it. Without the sessions with Debra, I would never have had the confidence, or the clear vision of what I wanted, to do such a thing." RG, London
"I really have come on in leaps and bounds in the past 2 years in terms of my confidence with your support. I now mentor a teenage girl as part of a mentoring scheme for a charity that recognises the need for confidence and social networking among young women in reaching their career goals." LS, London
"I contacted Debra Oakaby after having been bullied at work. I was at a point in my life where I did not know which way to turn and nothing was working. I found Debra extremely easy to talk to and understanding. She clarified that she was a life coach and not a counsellor. This made it easier for me to understand how she could help me. I began to question what I wanted and how to achieve it. She also showed me how to address my own personal issues which were coming in the way of what I wanted. This enabled me to get clarity as well as being able to understand myself better. I walked out of every session with a smile on my face As well as being happier and more confident with every meeting." RD, London
"One of the techniques we used was to imagine myself in the future being in that role – What this would feel like, what do I imagine myself doing etc. This emotion I felt was quite strong in a positive way (I was surprised) to want to make a change’. BW, London
"The coaching sessions have helped me break down my goals into smaller, manageable steps. Thanks to Debra, I’ve been able to write my first ever e-book! Thank you again for all your help and support’. MJ, London
"We concentrated on work as I wanted to gain more control over my future career direction; matching my goals with my strengths and values gave me a clearer view of whether what I was considering was realistic and likely to succeed". SG, London
"Working in a support role, I spend a lot of time helping others and finding more effective ways for my clients to achieve their goals, and it is easy to forget my own. Working with Debra helped me turn this around so that I can focus on myself and the goals I need to set in order to move my business forward. I now have an action plan with specific goals, and have learnt some simple techniques to banish negative beliefs and create positivity in the actions I take". JL,
"Debra has shown me how to make progress in my chosen field. With Debra, I have managed to identify more clearly what it is I wanted to do and plan how to do it. Sometimes it is difficult to actually follow through with your plans, but Debra has shown me how to negotiate problems and deal with the things that are holding me back. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by the difficulties ahead, the methods that Debra has given me have helped me to approach things with a more positive frame of mind: I feel that barriers to progress are no longer impenetrable but only challenges to be navigated. By slightly adjusting the way that I am managing my current situation, I find myself actually following the path that I wanted to take and new opportunities are coming my way". AB, London
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Career development courses
Photos & videos
- 3 packages available starting from £466
- Monthly maintenance coaching, mentoring and support 1-1 sessions from £97 per month
- 1 hour session £88 to see if coaching is right for you, and if so, the cost will be deducted from the cost of the package you select.
- Prepare your CV with covering letter £142 and additional CVs with covering letter are £60 each.
- DISC Personality Test with a personalised report delivered to your inbox via email within 48 hours and a 30 minute telephone or Skype feedback session £70
These fees are highly competitive! And remember the return on your investment is potentially huge!
Call me on 07906 007613 and book for a free telephone consultation.
Please follow me on Twitter for free work related tips @DebraOakaby and connect with me on Linked/in/DebraOakaby
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
By appointment Monday to Saturday face-to-face and via Skype