Carol Macey (formerly Ring) Life Coach
The Abbey Place Clinic
5 The Chapel
Broome Park Estate
01795 538480 (Office) / 07969998360 (Direct line)
My name is Carol Macey and I am a life coach working in Faversham, Canterbury and the surrounding areas.
You can think of me as a personal trainer for your mind – I will help you to build your strength and resilience, overcome ‘injuries’ and setbacks, and generally enhance your performance in life.
Perhaps there are obstacles you would like to overcome. Habits or behaviours you would like to ditch? Or directions you would prefer to take?
As a coach, I can show you a range of techniques to help you move forward in your life, relationships or career – and help you use those techniques more effectively. I specialise in helping my clients regain confidence, self esteem, balance and emotional wellbeing. Particularly after a major event such as bereavement, loss or the breakdown of a relationship.
Many of us don’t realise we’re living with high levels of stress, bad sleep, poor concentration or low energy until something goes badly wrong. But think back to a time when you felt more in control, when life wasn’t just a constant barrage of challenges, brickbats and demands – finding flow and balance again is possible, and when you do, it feels amazing! If you need some help to regain that flow I have a number of tools to help you do that.
- Goal setting is a powerful way of making big changes in your life, by breaking them down into small steps. I use visual goal mapping techniques to help you really see how you can progress.
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) is a specialist approach to personal development which focuses on the way we use language, and the modelling of successful behaviour.
- Hypnotherapy I am in the process of qualifying as a hypnotherapist with the National Council for Hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapists work with the subconscious self in order to remedy deeply ingrained thought patterns or behaviours.
- Motivational Interviewing is a way of strengthening your commitment to a particular change through a focussed goal-directed discussion.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) while hypnotherapy works with the unconscious mind, CBT works on changing our conscious thoughts, so we learn to avoid negative thought patterns and the conditions they’re associated with.
- Neuro Diversity Coaching
- Strategy coaching for career and workplace development for individuals and neurodiverse learning/thinking styles e.g. Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ASD and AD(H)D.
- Coaching for young people with neuro diverse learning/thinking styles e.g. Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ASD and AD(H)D.
I run bespoke workshops based on Brian Mayne's goal mapping technique for small businesses. These help empower people to set and achieve their personal and professional goals. It can also help increase performance and productivity
I also specialise in recovery coaching for people who wish to avoid falling back into harmful or dangerous habits, such as eating disorders or addictions. I can provide you with the support and motivation you need to continue to make positive changes, prevent relapse and continue to improve your life and reach your goals for the future.
At our initial meeting we can talk about which of these tools might be suitable for your personal situation or development, and how I can help.
If you would like a free no-obligation consultation to find out how we can work together, please text or email me with your contact number and email address and I will be in touch as soon as possible.
If you feel that you are not as emotionally healthy as you would like to be then just as you can improve your physical fitness by working at it, you can improve you emotional fitness too. Life Coaching can help with your mind, body and spirit.
'I’m really glad I consulted Carol. I would recommend Carol – she really helped me with changing the way I think and act for the better. Now I have a much more positive outlook in life. I'm so happy with the results – thank you!'
'[Carol] is a warm, gentle, empathic, non-judgemental woman with great skills and some very useful tools. She helped me to move from an amorphous mass of dissatisfaction and feeling ‘stuck’ to working out what was good about my life, and what could do with change. We then worked on various ideas about how to implement the changes I was looking for. Some worked out, some didn’t, and she helped me to see that what didn’t work wasn’t so much my failure as needing to try a different approach.
Starting life coaching can feel very frightening, and the best thing about Carol is that she made me feel completely safe.'
'The coaching sessions I've had with Carol have really helped me to see what is important in my life. Carol is very good at listening, non-judgemental and very patient. I never felt rushed and Carol gently guided me throughout the process. Thank you!'
'Goal mapping helped me build a road - a journey over 7 years with pit stops on the way'
Small business TCF (After attending an 'Introduction goal mapping workshop')
WhoCaresWinsradio@careswins 1st June show 109
@carol macey stole the show helps Bereaved mothers find 'new normal'
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked in the NHS for 20 years, and still practice part-time as a Mental Health Nurse working with young people and their families. I am also qualified and able to provide life coaching to NHS employees.
I am a motivated and caring individual with over 14 years of experience gained supporting clients to overcome personal barriers and move forward with their lives. I have worked in various health settings, the recruitment sector and secondary schools.
My caring and approachable nature combined with natural patience and diplomacy inspires confidence and trust in those around me.
Diploma in Life Coaching (with distinction) through the NCFE.
Licensed Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner with Vicky Ross Training.
Registered Nurse (Mental Health), with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and subject their strict code of conduct. Kings College, University of London.
Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling. Greenwich University.
BSc Psychology. University of Westminster.
Mindfulness – Mental Health Foundation.
TFT (Thought Field Therapy; Tapping) is a great treatment for phobias, anxiety and much, much more.
Studying for ILM Endorsement
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Emotional Wellbeing Coaching
Grief Life Coaching for bereaved parents
Goal mapping Techniques
I offer a free 30 minute telephone consultation, to find out if we can work together. We can discuss what you would like to get from the coaching process and how we can achieve this.
Thereafter my fees are £45 per hour, with a reduction for those on certain benefits. I also offer block bookings so you can have six sessions for the price of five, a reduction of more than £15%.
As a trainee hypnotherapist I am now offering 30 minutes free hypnotherapy for weight loss, smoking, stress and relaxation in addition to a life coaching session.
• One Hour Life Coaching session plus 30 minutes free hypnotherapy
• I offer the Pathfinder (TM) Personal development programme which helps to improve career choices, confidence, motivation and many other areas of your life .
• I run regular group workshops where you can learn about the tools of life coaching and how it could benefit you in your life, relationship or career.
- Goal mapping workshops for small businesses. Goal mapping is a fantastic tool to help empower people to set and achieve their personal and professional goals. Whether it be for a change of career, personal development, business, relationships and lots more.
The workshop will start with a fun 'wheel of life' to look at how your life is now. The importance of setting goals and how to set realistic and achievable goals.
Then you will learn the step by step guide to creating your own goal map using the left brain and right brain templates. Once your learn the technique it can be applied to every area of your life. It will show you how to achieve your goal and make positive changes.
Includes free wheel of life and goal mapping templates.
If you would like to book a place or want to know more about the workshop, please contact me on 07969 998 360.
Pay as you go Life Coaching
As a client if you decide on ‘the pay as you go approach’ you can take advantage of personalised coaching face to face, over the phone and through email from your Life Coach at your convenience.This is great for people who have busy lives and those who want to spread the cost without losing any of benefits.
I can arrange evening and weekend appointments, as well as home visits – if possible – available after the initial consultation.
FAVERSHAM, Ashford (within 7 miles of Faversham), Canterbury (10 minutes from city centre), Whitstable, Seasalter, Herne Bay, Sittingbourne, Broadstairs, Dover, Folkestone and surrounding areas, Medway Towns (Rochester ME2 Area within 28 miles of Faversham).
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Daytime: Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. Evenings: 7 - 9pm.