What do you need from your life, to have made it worth it?
There are people who will spend their whole lives with the unwavering knowing that they want and need more from the life they’re living. They’ll know, as well as they know their names, the colour of their skin, that to be happy and to be fulfilled means doing or being something more than they currently are. But they will never achieve the experiences they crave.
The route to unravelling this problem and to achieving what you desire is one that so few people know about or, because of its ease, believe in. I’m not talking magic fixes, self help books or affirmations, I’m talking simply about clarity.
Amongst all the longing, wishing and hoping, the most common obstacle I see is a complete lack of clarity in what happiness or fulfilment means to an individual. There will often be a lot of doubt, always some limiting beliefs or action-paralysing self-talk, but rarely any clarity and very little focused direction.
So I’m asking you this:
- Do you know, really know, what you want in your life?
- Do you know, what will have made it worth living, for you?
- Have you accepted that thing as your way to fulfilment, during you’re time here?
- Is there a part of you that still wants more and if so, what is that more?
- You need to get clear, to get down-and-dirty honest with yourself, until you’re right at the root of your needs.
- What sort relationships do you want and with what sort of people?
- What’s your dream job?
- What hobbies do you want and how far do you want to take them?
- What countries do you want to travel?
You don’t need to know the how, but you do need to know the what.
I’m by no means saying that the rest will be plain sailing after this, but clarity gives you something special. It gives you the space and knowledge to create a blueprint, from which to build the life you want.
About the author
Mindset coach for men | NLP master practitioner | hypnotherapist | author
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Annie Ashdown - Business and Personal Development Coach, Author and IntuitiveOctober 20th, 2016