7 secrets of an unstoppable you
Having confidence, self belief and high self esteem are essential to become an unstoppable you. Everyone has flaws, shortcomings and defects and experience obstacles and difficult days, but when you have self belief, high self esteem and self - confidence, you don’t let any of this to hold you back.
You have to over ride that inner critic, which feeds you lies and often tells you that you are not good enough.
These are my 7 secrets to an unstoppable you.
1. Consider yourself important.
- Dwell on what your positive characteristics are.
- Constantly remind yourself you are MORE than good enough even if you make mistakes.
- Honour and value your principles.
- Respect your own needs and wants.
- Advertise your strengths, not your weaknesses.
2. Be kind to yourself.
- Be aware of your triggers, beliefs and habits of your inner critic and re-frame them.
- Be considerate and gentle on yourself.
- Record every single success – whatever the size in their mind or in a success journal.
- Say over and over again ‘I am worthy’.
- Give up the compulsive need for approval.
3. Be comfortable being authentic.
- Make amends to yourself.
- Accept you are perfectly imperfect.
- Appreciate, validate, accept, respect, cherish, like and honour yourself regardless of how others treat you.
- Believe authenticity is key.
- Remember that all that glisters is not gold and therefore don’t get easily duped.
4. Trust yourself and your intuition.
- Know your purpose.
- Practise self-discipline.
- Always remember the power of logic, feelings and intuition.
- Listen to your inner voice.
- Challenge all negative assumptions.
5. Keep your expectations high.
- Change your perceptions.
- Get clear about your individuality and preferences.
- Do not be discouraged by mistakes.
- Let go of self-defeating beliefs about what might happen in the future.
- Say over and over again ‘I am good enough.’
6. Take responsibility for your own life.
- Admit when you are wrong.
- Set limits with others.
- Know self-care is not selfish, it is self-loving.
- Don’t wait to be rescued, instead take action.
- Remember you have a responsibility to be good to yourself at all times.
7. Be more assertive.
- Don’t allow anxiety to build.
- Channel all anger into being assertive in a healthy way.
- Have reasonable expectations of yourself and others.
- Decide what you need and ask for it.
- Take advantage of opportunities.
My hope is that you begin to know who you are and change the messages you tell yourself and start giving yourself permission to be unstoppable. These 7 secrets are not a magic formula, you have to make it happen.
Why? - It’s your time to shine. Annie
Annie Ashdown is author of Doormat Nor Diva Be and The Confidence Factor - 7 Secrets of Successful People. Available at WH Smith, Waterstones, Amazon and all other good bookstores.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Tracey Hutchinson, MSc, NLP Master Practitioner, Cert ManagementMarch 12th, 2017