Great money or meaningful work? Relax. You can have both
Date & Time:16th November 2017, 7pm - 9.30pm
- Find an event in your area
If you’re fed up in your professional role, long for more fulfilling work, but can’t see how that more ‘meaningful’ role or business start-up you dream of will pay the bills, then this meeting is for you.
The meeting will also help you if you’ve already ‘followed your heart’ into more meaningful work, but are still struggling to make a decent living from it.
Perhaps now you’ve reached midlife you feel clear about what kinds of work are ‘meaningful’ and what kinds of work pay well. Maybe you feel that work is EITHER meaningful OR well-paying but that you can’t have BOTH. Perhaps you feel torn and hopeless as you struggle to choose between these two paths.
In this meeting you’ll get the chance to challenge your assumptions about money and meaning, and look at the ‘world of work’ with fresh eyes. By doing so, I guarantee you’ll uncover new options for yourself.
You’ll get the chance to try out some of the tools and techniques that give midlife career reinventors fresh hope, inspiration and pathways to achieve that sweet combination of fulfilling work that ALSO pays well. We’ll cover all the things you need to support your journey to a brilliant new, satisfying career that earns you great money!
In this session we’ll be looking at:
- What ‘meaningful and satisfying’ work really is and how YOU can find it
- How it’s ok to want fulfilling work AND great money, and how you can go about getting them BOTH for yourself
- How all that you’ve learned over the years about the job market for professionals may be inadvertently causing you to restrict your career choices at midlife, and what you can do to overcome this, so that you open up new opportunities for yourself
- Why it’s vital to design your ‘business model’, and how by doing so you can transform your earnings by a factor of 10 or more
- The variety of ways, including new ones, to market your skills in 2017 and how some of them will enable you to make much more money from your expertise, experience and know-how than others
- Stories of real people who have taken the plunge and achieved their Holy Grail of meaningful work and great money.
The presentation and Q&A will last for about 40 minutes, and after this you'll get the chance to experiment with some of the tools and techniques discussed.
Don't worry that the topic might sound serious - we're a friendly group and everyone is made welcome!
Full details and booking (required) from:
About the host
Trudy Lloyd is a professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator. She understands the challenges that midlife professionals face to find more meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work. She helps people resolve the inner conflicts that can arise, including between meaning and money, so they can step into a brilliant new career!
I had become depressed and bored of my life and, as I'm a solution-focused person, I decided to do...
I had come to a crossroads in my life. I had to decide between leaving a well-paid job or setting up my...
I was going through a tough break up when I first saw my life coach. My boyfriend ended our relationship...
Our tips for breaking out of habit and finding comfort in...
Want to start a blog but not sure where to start? Life Coach Directory blogger Kat has...
Are you currently happy with your...