Find your true purpose: Find your true career path
Date & Time:17th July 2017, 7pm - 9.30pm
- Find an event in your area
In this meeting, we'll be looking at why getting clear on your purpose is key to rebooting your career successfully. We’ll also be looking at what’s needed to find or refresh your purpose.
Purpose may mean having a big impact in the world - but it doesn't have to. Purpose is about living a meaningful life and making a contribution - even a small one - to the people you feel called to serve.
Get a sense of purpose or vocation and you’ll leap out of bed each morning to get to your work. You’ll feel energised, joyful and connected to your colleagues and your clients. You might even find yourself whistling while you work!
Without a sense of purpose, you might be inclined to slump at your desk, clock watch, yawn with boredom throughout the day and struggle to stop yourself scowling at those around you. They’re aliens, right?
Sometimes at midlife people find they’ve outgrown their earlier purpose. Their values have shifted, their priorities have changed and their current career no longer fits with who they are and what they want.
In this session you’ll hear about:-
- Creative processes that can help you uncover your purpose so you can move towards work that is more authentically you.
- The role that intuition plays in discovering your career purpose and how you can tap into yours to help you find work that you’re more fired up about.
- What still holds some people back even after they’ve discovered their purpose, and how you can overcome such barriers and keep moving towards your more rewarding work life.
- The mindsets you need now to escape your past-conditioning and life influences that may have kept you from your true path previously.
- How you can find the courage to follow your true path so you get to enjoy more satisfying work.
This will be an informal and interactive session with a mixture of short presentations and exercises. Whether you’re a novice at discovering your purpose or if you’ve been working on this already and would like to share your experience with the group – all are welcome!
The £10.00 charge covers room hire and tea/coffee.
Full details and booking (required) from
About the host
Trudy Lloyd is a qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator.
She helps midlife professionals to find work they’re more fired up about. She’s worked in and with organisations for 20+ years, so understands the context of your work life.
She’s author of the forthcoming book. Staying Relevant – Innovating your Professional Role after 40
The most important thing my life coach helped me to realise was how negatively I talked to myself in my...
During January 2017 I was a having a crisis of confidence. I had left my job which had become a huge...
I had become depressed and bored of my life, and as I'm a solution-focused person I decided to do...
We explore confidence and communication coaching for...
We're here to calm your nerves and ease your worries....
We explore this rapidly expanding aspect of coaching, from an expert in the...