Existential coaching theory and practice
Date & Time:6th October - 15th November 2016, 10am - 5pm
Location:The Existential Academy
61 - 63 Fortune Green Road
- Find an event in your area
This module will provide students with an overview of a number of differing coaching approaches which are considered to be part of current coaching theory and practice, drawing on their respective psychotherapeutic or psychological roots where appropriate.
In each case, this material will be considered and reflected upon from an existential perspective in terms of its degree of concordance or dissonance with existential coaching theory and practice. From this point of view, students will critically evaluate to what extent these differing approaches can inform or enhance their practice as an existential coach. As part of this process students will continue to explore and clarify what is meant by existential coaching in theoretical and practical terms.
On completion of this unit, the successful student will have:
- Knowledge of the different coaching approaches presented including the existential approach.
- Knowledge of the key principles that define those approaches and the skills that accommodate these approaches.
- The ability to critically evaluate these theoretical approaches, principles and skills and analyse their relevance to existential coaching.
- Shown verbal and written skills to communicate complex theoretical ideas.
- Capacity to be self-evaluating in performance and in learning.
This course is a great opportunity to investigate both theory and practice in a deeply philosophical way.
The module covers both theory and practice, and is held intensively in two parts. There is a possibility to use this credit towards a MA in existential coaching.
Dates: 6-8th/10-11th October (part one) and 10-12th/14-15th November (part two).
For more information or to reserve a place, please contact Lindsay van Dijk: email@example.com.
About the host
The existential academy has a full programme of CPD, short courses and community interest workshops.
I had come to a cross-roads in my life and had to decide between leaving a well paid job and setting up...
I was going through a tough break up when I first saw my life coach. My boyfriend ended our relationship...
The most important thing my life coach helped me to realise was how negatively I talked to myself in my...
Swamped with work? We feel your pain! Below are our top tips to increase...
We speak to positive psychology coach Tina Campbell to...
Be prepared for your next interview with these...