8 week mindfulness course for stress reduction and emotional resilience
Date & Time:14th September - 9th November 2017, 7pm - 9pm
Location:St Peter's Church Centre
- Find an event in your area
During each mindfulness session, there will be a number of guided meditation practices; for example, a body scan or a sitting meditation followed by discussion and a group reflection. Participants will also learn some basic CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) theory to support their understanding of how thoughts impact emotions.
In between sessions, participants are asked to commit to 45 minutes of guided meditation practice six days a week, as well as completing various short activities to support learning. Each participant will receive guided meditation MP3s and printed handouts for their home practice. Between weeks six and seven, there is a half day retreat to give participants the opportunity to reflect on and deepen their learning from previous weeks.
- Week one: Awareness and automatic pilot.
- Week two: Living in our heads.
- Week three: Gathering the scattered mind.
- Week four: Recognising aversion.
- Week five: Allowing/letting be.
- Week six: Thoughts are not facts.
- Week seven: How can I best take care of myself?
- Week eight: Maintaining and extending new learning.
- To become familiar with your own thinking habits.
- To become familiar with how emotions are experienced as sensations in the body.
- To become familiar with your own cycle of thoughts, emotions and body sensations and understand how they affect your behaviour.
- To find ways of releasing yourself from unhelpful thinking patterns.
- To find ways of working with difficulty, instead of battling against it.
- To notice small joys and pleasures in the world.
- To be kinder to yourself.
- To accept yourself as you are rather than judging yourself.
- 14th September
- 21st September
- 28th September
- 5th October
- 12th October
- 19th October
- 2nd November
- 9th November
Half day retreat: Saturday 4th November from 1pm-5pm.
Cost and payment options:
£220 (direct bank transfer or cheque)
Cost includes course handouts, guided meditations for home practice, half day retreat with snacks and refreshments, email and telephone support.
About the host
This course is run by Justine Curlis, a fully qualified cognitive behavioural coach, registered mindfulness teacher, an associate member of the Association for Coaching (AFC) and a member of the International Stress Management Association (ISMA).
During January 2017 I was a having a crisis of confidence. I had left my job which had become a huge...
I had come to a cross-roads in my life and had to decide between leaving a well paid job and setting up...
I had become depressed and bored of my life, and as I'm a solution-focused person I decided to do...
We explore confidence and communication coaching for...
We're here to calm your nerves and ease your worries....
We explore this rapidly expanding aspect of coaching, from an expert in the...